Thursday, May 17, 2012

Poems/Themes to Pair

Terrance this is Stupid Stuff - life sucks but poetry/art helps you
As I Walked out One Evening - nothing lasts
My Papa's Waltz - fathers/love is complex
Those Winter Sundays - looking back with remorse - fathers and sons
To a Sad Daughter - a father who wants the world to be gentle
In the Waiting Room - an existential realization/identity awakening
Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night - Fight against death
Meditation xvii - we all matter
I am a Rock - I'd rather be alone/he has been hurt
They Shut Me Up in Prose - a girl who does not want to be limited
Barbie Doll - plastic visions of beauty hurt women
Ordinary Life - the ordinary can be beautiful
Tintern Abbey - a beautiful place can change us forever
Windhover - God is in all things, beauty is in all things
How do I Love Thee? - romance, idealized love
Anthem for Doomed Youth - war