Thursday, November 1, 2012

Journals are due next week!

1) Vocab Overview - Quiz moved to Monday...

2) New Journal Topics - and a sample.

3) Review Chapters 18 - 19

"How could I have been so blind? The signs had been there for me to see all along..."

"I was learning that Baba had been a thief."

"There was a way to be good again. A way to break the cycle."

"Again, the car sickness."

Farid is ________________________....

The hospitality at Wahid's house. An ancient code.

The dream. pg 252 - foreshadowing.

"Once over these mountains, I had made a choice. And now, a quarter of a century later, that choice had landed me back on this soil."

The watch. "The fistful of money." - Karmic cycle? All events come full circle in this story - an Afghan tradition.


4) Read Ch. 20 Or, time to work... really work, not pretend to work.
  • Homework: read chapter 21 
  • We'll finish the book soon. I will read the last chapter (a condensed version) on Monday. 
  • Prepare to read this weekend!